Friday, March 30, 2007

Settling In

I've printed maps of the area, and tomorrow, I will probably swing by a book shop, and by a Thomas guide to the Orange County, Los Angeles Area.

My first impression of the guy I am living with, was slanted a little bit towards the ucky side of things, but we had a talk, and things are much more relaxed and friendly than they previously seen, so it's all good. I'm happy, and more comfortable now. The not so good first impression was also in part, that I had arrived a little earlier than expected. So he did not have time to set everything up as he wished. Still, it's all good now. *smiles*

I went to the Beverly Center mall today, and it took a short bit to get used to the parking, but it was all good. I also found a Wachovia bank in the area, so I can deposit things again. It's a small pain to get there, but it's all good.

Still, I want to get a place near my work soon. Essentially, it's a 45 mile drive to work as it stands. In an Atlanta sense, it's like driving from gwinnett county to the airport, and then driving halfway back. Yeah, it's that far. I will have to be driving really early on the day, to avoid the dreadedful traffic I keep hearing of.

Tomorrow, is shopping for food day, and getting organized. This should be fun.

No comments: